I'm planning a trip to Turkey with 3 others starting in Istanbul and leaving from Bodrum for the Greek Islands. For the trip we are after a good mix of sightseeing and relaxing on nice sandy beaches. We have an idea of what we want to see but I'm struggling to put it together. The plan was:
24th July - Fly into Istanbul (am)
25th July - Istanbul
26th July - Istanbul
27th July - Istanbul - o/night bus to Cappadocia
28th July - Cappadocia
29th July - Cappadocia - o/night bus to Antalya/Fethiye
30th July - Fethiye
31st July - Fethiye
1st August - Selcuk (or other good base to check out Ephesus)
2nd August - Selcuk (or other good base to check out Ephesus)
3rd August - Catch ferry from Bodrum to Kos
I need to find a way to make this work better as this involved doubling back and there is not enough time when you take into account travel on the Fethiye to Bodrum leg of the trip (ferry from Bodrum on the 3rd leaves at 9.30am).
The reason for wanting to include Fethiye is obviously the beach however it seems to be out of the way for the rest of our plans.
Is there another beach which would be equally as beautiful as Fethiye which would fit our plans better if we were to change the itinary so that we head straight to the west coast after Cappadocia and work our way to Bodrum??
Our travel preference is to keep the costs down by catching busses/trains where possible but we are also short on time so may need to compromise on this?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach