We need the following train tickets for 6 people:
Sept. 16 - arrive from U.S.A. at 10:20 a.m. to Frankfurt Airport
Which train station do I use for a search for tickets departing from here to
Bad Kreuznach on the DB Bahn site? There are several for Frankfurt...which
is the International airport location? Is 12:30-ish a good departure time
considering pick up of luggage and getting through customs?
Is it easier/better to use the Rail Europe vs. DB Bahn even though they seem
much more expensive?
Sept. 18 - depart Bad Kreuznach by 7:00 a.m. to Cologne for a tour of the Cathedral and nearby area...stopover for 3-4 hours and continue to Berlin after lunch; arriving by 5:00 p.m. or so.
We'd like to sit together or near each other. Is 1st class really worth it? We don't need to use our cell phones or computers and don't care about food being served to us. Are seat reservations available in 2nd class?
We have definate travel dates, so point-to-point is our plan.
Anything I am leaving out in deciding these things?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 4 Trans Siberian Train
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 The World's Greatest Churches
- 10 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 My France Vacation
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?