Car return Rome - coming from Pescara

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be returning a rental car in Rome, probably at a Hertz location. We are coming from Abruzzo, along the A24, Our apartment is in Navona/Campo area.

I am considering the Tiburtina area (Via Lorenzo il Magnifico 154) or Ciampino airport. We would then take taxi or shuttle to apartment (there are 4 of us).

Which would be easier route? Alternate suggestions? Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Any recommendations? Thanks!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:11 AM

I would come all the way into Rome and drop the car off at Roma Termini train station. From there you can get a taxi ride over to the Navona area.

If you stay "north" and "west" of the train station as you approach you will avoid all ZTL areas. I would not drive to the apartment first... because Navona is in the heart of the ZTL areas. (You might read: http://tinyurl.com/Rome-ZTL)

Your choices also work, but check out the drop-off hours at the smaller Hertz locations. Many are often closed in the mid-afternoon... or they may close early in the day depending on your arrival day. Roma Termini, like the airport locations, have more extended hours of operation. This link has more info on car rental locations (including Hertz) in Rome: http://tinyurl.com/car-rome

Good Luck!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:51 AM

I recently dropped off at the Fiumicino airport location - fast and easy. You can then take the direct train to Roma Termini and get a cab from there to your apt, or take a cab directly from the airport.
Definitely check open times where-ever you decide to drop off. Some of the smaller offices will be closed for lunch, Sunday, etc.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I don't think Fiumicino will work, because that would mean driving all the way around Rome.

I am looking to avoid driving in and around Rome as much as possible.