Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Help with Scottland Itinerary 8-10 days Starting and Ending from Edinburgh
Notices

Help with Scottland Itinerary 8-10 days Starting and Ending from Edinburgh

Jan 29th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Help with Scottland Itinerary 8-10 days Starting and Ending from Edinburgh

Hi,

My name is Hilit, I'm from Israel and planing an 8-10 days trip to Scottland on June 18th, starting at Edinburgh for 2 days, and ending my trip there. (we are planning to hire a car)

I'm traveling with my mom (66 years old) and part of the trip with my brother, and would realy appriciate your help with routh planing and all other advices.

We would like to see as much as possible but not in an exhausting way (and not to drive all day long).

Thank you!!!

Hilit
Jan 29th, 2013, 11:01 AM

"would realy appriciate your help with routh planing and all other advices."

That would be very difficult without more info from you. Scotland is a very big place with almost limitless options. So - that sorts of things do you want to see/do? What places have you thought about visiting? What sort of accommodations budget?

We can't really design a plan for you - but can help you improve/refine your own plan.

Do you have any guidebooks - that is a good place to start.

One note though - you won't want or need a car while you are IN Edinburgh. So, depending on what the final plan looks like, don't collect your car until leaving Edinburgh.
Jan 30th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply, I don't know Scottland at all but most interested in seeing the landscape and if there are "must see" (for example when visiting Israel I know that Jerusalem is a "must see" as well as the "Dead Sea").

I have guidebooks, there are many sites there, I don't know what is best to see in a limited time - I know that Glen Coe is recommended, the highlands, Inverewe Gardens, skye Island.
Beyond that I'm realy clueles.

Regarding the accommodations budget, anything between 50-120 (again I dont know what is acceptable- we are looking for clean, nice places, not fancy hotels- but most Important for my mom is Comfortable Mattress ).

Thank you for the advice about the car- We will not need it for Edinburgh, we have to be in the University which I guess we can take a Taxi.

Thanks again
Jan 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM

You might want to take a look at my trip report, even though we started in Glasgow; click on my name to find it.

Search this Thread