We had planned to go a couple of years ago and it fell through and I'm making another attempt for next summer. At this time it appears it will only be myself and my daughter, who will be 14 during the proposed dates. We live on the east coast of the U.S. so there will be some jet lag.
I plan to book a 6/1-6/8 W. Mediterranean cruise, but fly into Rome early to see the sites. I've read we should schedule some recovery for the time change, and then see what we can before our cruise departs. Assuming we fly back the same day the cruise ends, the earliest my work schedule would allow me to leave would be 5/24.
I've read other articles that it doesn't take more than a day or two to see Rome. So I'm wondering what else may be practical during that time window. I had thoughts of day trips from Rome to other areas of Italy via train, or perhaps stopping in London or Paris for a couple of days and then flying on to Rome. The only cruise other cruise port we would stop at in Italy would be Genoa.
Or perhaps that would be too hectic for us. The last time I looked at lodging in London or Paris I couldn't find anything reasonable for the short time we'd be in the area.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation CONTACT HP PRINTER Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 13 Scotland ideas
- 14 land vs river cruise
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Trans Siberian Train
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 South of France
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 25 My France Vacation