We are planning on a 2 week Portugal trip next September (since we're using FF miles and hotel points I have to book later on this month) and would like suggestions and/or advice on the rough draft of our itinerary:
Land in Porto and spend 3 full days, including a day trip to Douro Valley
Pick up AutoEurope car as we leave Porto and either drive to Nazare and base ourselves for 3 nights, seeing Obidos, Alcobaca, Fatima and Batalha or drive to Evora (monoliths, Elvas, Arraiolos and possibly Estremoz) and spend 3 nights there.
Drive to Lisbon, dropping car off and spend at least 6 nights, including trips to Sintra and Casais (sp?) Fly home from Lisbon.
We enjoy old churches and cathedrals and castles, but don't want to O.D. on them. We also like to immerse ourselves in the culture, enjoying the architecture and going to different kinds of museums. We are not "beach" people at all, so a city and small towns/villages appeal to us.
I appreciate any info you may have to share with me,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 The World's Greatest Churches
- 4 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 8 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid