Our family of four (2 adults; 2 children - aged 8 and 10 respectively) is planning on returning to France for 3 weeks this summer (early July). We did our first-ever European trip with the kids in 2013 - spent a week in Paris, a week in the Perigord noir and a few days in Nice. Our trip was amazing - in no small part to the great help we got from fellow Fodorites!
We plan to return but would like to focus on different areas. We still want to spend a few days in Paris again but but make up the balance of the week in Normandy so that we can visit the D-day beaches. A colleague has kindly offered the use of his house in Burgundy for a week. That leaves one more week to play with. We want our last week to be near the beach.
I have always been intrigued by Corsica (ever since I read "Asterix en Corse" in middle school!). But, it is a little more difficult/expensive to get to. I am debating between Corsica or somewhere else on the Med. Does anyone have any views on Corsica (likely near Porto Vecchio) or somewhere on the Med - maybe near Marseille or Montpellier?
We enjoy nature, swimming and some cultural sights. I know my husband would love to see Arles since he is fascinated by Roman ruins. Camargue seems intriguing but not sure what the beach is like. But, Corsica is the famed "Isle of Beauty".
Grateful for any assistance in terms of what would be a better destination for our family. We would likely be renting a car in either location.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 3 Which Aran Island??
- 4 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 7 9 day trip to France
- 8 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 9 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 Arezzo - how much time?
- 14 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 15 Easter Week in Italy
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Airport Transfer
- 18 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 19 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 20 Moscow Hotels
- 21 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 22 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 23 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Barcelona tour option help please
Help with our 3 week family trip to France - Paris and...?