Update on earlier post: Need help with lodging. Have been reading many reviews. So many choices??>#(#)$Q#$ So confused. Would like some recent input on where people have stayed in these areas.
Leaving Oct. 1-13. Our plan is mostly hiking. Will be going to Pompeii(staying in Sorrento) then headed to Amalfi to do mostly hiking. Budget would like to stay around $120-150/night. Would love to have a little kitchnette in room. Would love sea view when possible. Will not have a car would like to be close to bus transportation
Have finally narrowed down our itinerary.
We will be spending
2 nights in Sorrento
5 nights in Amalfi (would like a kitchenette here)
3 nights in Ischia
2 nights in Rome
In Ischia would like peoples' opinion on what location. Getting a lot of mixed reviews on different areas. Fiorio or Porto or Porte (Don't want to be as isolated as Sant Angelo) we will be hiking some trails and the thermal springs. Not interested in the beach. Any input welcomed. I know Peter ( a Brit in Ischia) prefers Ischia Ponte and we are considering Hotel Il Monastero (any input on this?). Oh and Peter we will try to get to Procida. So wish we had more time to add to Ischia.
Trying to do this trip without a car.
Thanks again for any info. Hope I don't upset to many people by doing this as a new post. Wasn't sure I would get many responses to my original post.
Opps forgot about Rome. Would like to be near the train station that goes to the airport. We have a somewhat early flight and want to be able to just take the train to FCO.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ICLOUD Password reset Contact 1888~260 2909 ICLOUD Tec*h sup0rt care 24by7
- 2 Trans Siberian Train
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Real Estate in Andalucia
- 7 GTG Paris December 2017
- 8 10 days in europe
- 9 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 10 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 16 Greece during Easter week or August
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 My France Vacation
- 25 Paris November 2017