Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Help with itinerary to Andalusia leaving in month! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/help-with-itinerary-to-andalusia-leaving-in-month-988861/)

lovesienna Aug 17th, 2013 04:45 AM

Help with itinerary to Andalusia leaving in month!

Hi everyone,

I posted a year ago and got some great feedback on my rough itinerary then. I ask for your assistance again, now that tickets are booked and Im leaving next month!!

Arrive in Barcelona sunday 6th oct

- Barcelona 2 nights then fast train to
- cordoba 1 night then train to
- Granada 2 nights the train to
- Ronda 1 night then train to
- Seville 5 nights (yay my rest stop before heading home) catching ave tran to Madrid airport

Do you think I should take a night off Ronda and add to Granada? And do Ronda as a day trip from Seville?

I am travelling with a 2 year old, and I know that I am rushing a bit, but we want to fit a bit in. We also would have spent almost a week in a relaxing farm house in Umbria. So I don't feel so guilty. We won't have a car either.

We based this itinerary on geography, and also after 5 hour tran ride, thought we should have a rest in cordoba. we love food, beautiful towns and scenery.

Do you think ths would work?

Thank you!

bilboburgler Aug 17th, 2013 04:53 AM

I'm not impressed with Ronda at all so I would take it out. Seville for 5 days... well maybe too generous but you know your 2 year old, Cordoba from Seville is very easy so again maybe a day out

Down towards the coast is Malaga, fancy place good museum another possible day out but maybe too far

mamcalice Aug 17th, 2013 04:54 AM

I think I would skip the overnight in Cordoba and visit it as a day trip from Seville. I would go directly from Barcelona to Granada and from Granada to Seville. Ronda can also be done as a day trip from Seville. With the amount of time you have and with a two year old, you want to minimize the hotel changes if you can. I think one night stays are difficult - so much packing, unpacking and moving around.

kja Aug 17th, 2013 04:36 PM

Depending on when, exactly, you arrive and depart, I think your plan could be well distributed across locations. But I could be wrong, because the number of nights and number of days could differ. Does one night in Cordoba mean just an evening or 2 days? I would probably shift one night from Granada to Cordoba (so I would have closer to 2 days in Cordoba). I would not add a night to Ronda. That said, though, I travel alone and don't mind one-night stays. I'm sure it's different with a toddler!

BumbleB6 Aug 17th, 2013 06:52 PM

"Do you think I should take a night off Ronda and add to Granada? And do Ronda as a day trip from Seville?"

Yes. We spent three nights in Granada and I could have easily spent another day. Your Alhambra visit will take up most of a day.

You could also add another night to Seville and daytrip to Cordoba from there, it's an easy one hour drive or an easy train ride, from what I understand (we drove it.)

Unless there's really something in Cordoba you want to see besides the Mezquita and the Jewish quarter next to it.

Seville is a great town for lingering, and very child-friendly. Some of the town plazas have jungle gyms for kids to play on. It just seems like a very family-oriented laid-back town. I enjoyed watching the children run and play on the jungle gym at Plaza Alfalfa and another one nearby, at night during dinner..

I agree with mamcalice. 1 and 2 nighters are exhausting for me; I imagine they might be for your little one as well!