Hello fellow travelers,
I'm planning a trip for either June or July, 2-2.5 weeks, and would appreciate feedback on our tentative itinerary. My husband and I are 29 and 31, and enjoy exploring vibrant cities on foot, museums (in moderation), photography, good restaurants with vegetarian options, beer (hence the interest in Munich), and meeting locals and other travelers. We prefer to get around by public transit, walking, and the occasional taxi instead of renting a car. My husband has been to Lucerne, Bern, and Zurich before, and we have been to Paris together twice (otherwise we might spend more time there on this trip).
Here's our proposed itinerary. We would travel between cities by train.
Munich: 2-3 days
Zurich: 1 day or just a few hours. My husband has been to Zurich for work and was not impressed. But maybe he hasn't been to the "cool" part of the city?
Lucerne: 2 days
Bern: 2 days
Geneva: 2 days
Lyon: 1 day, or just a few hours. We could also skip Lyon entirely. Many of the trains between Geneva and Marseille stop in Lyon, otherwise we might not have even thought of visiting this city.
Marseille: 2-3 days
Paris: 2-3 days
We are open to cutting 1-2 cities and spending more time in one of the other cities. The only destination we can't cut is Paris because we're meeting up with friends there.
Thanks in advance for any input! Let me know if you have any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Portugal
- 13 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 Budget campervans hire in Europe???
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017
Help with itinerary: Munich, Lucerne, Bern, Geneva, Marseille, Paris
Hello fellow travelers,