I am from Washington, D.C. We are taking our three kids to Europe in mid-June for approx 2 weeks. We would like to see London, Paris, Nice and Florence. We will most likely book Airbnb for apartments. The kids are 21, 18 and 13. They are all French speakers and have traveled to Paris (as host students and for vacation) many times. We have never had a vacation with multiple city stops
so this is new.
For my daughter's HS graduation gift, she would like to spend at least 5 days in Nice. As for the other cities, we would like to spend 2 days to see "favorites." We would like to travel city to city by train, flying into London and out of Paris? We had originally thought we may try to see Rome, but decided to cut it in order to enjoy the other cities more. I am trying to determine the best order and itinerary so I can book our in-bound and out-bound flights and the apartments and possibly the train tickets by March.
1) For the most practical itinerary, is flying into London the best choice? Or would you suggest another order. Order is not important but at least 5 days in Nice is.
2) Can you suggest other stops in Italy that would be interesting for this age group. The kids love to travel, sight-see and hike.
3) Lastly, but not important, our middle daughter has become vegan. Any tips for traveling in Europe (if you are vegan)? Please share.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 4 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 beware of robbed in Milan
- 10 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 11 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence