I am from Washington, D.C. We are taking our three kids to Europe in mid-June for approx 2 weeks. We would like to see London, Paris, Nice and Florence. We will most likely book Airbnb for apartments. The kids are 21, 18 and 13. They are all French speakers and have traveled to Paris (as host students and for vacation) many times. We have never had a vacation with multiple city stops
so this is new.
For my daughter's HS graduation gift, she would like to spend at least 5 days in Nice. As for the other cities, we would like to spend 2 days to see "favorites." We would like to travel city to city by train, flying into London and out of Paris? We had originally thought we may try to see Rome, but decided to cut it in order to enjoy the other cities more. I am trying to determine the best order and itinerary so I can book our in-bound and out-bound flights and the apartments and possibly the train tickets by March.
1) For the most practical itinerary, is flying into London the best choice? Or would you suggest another order. Order is not important but at least 5 days in Nice is.
2) Can you suggest other stops in Italy that would be interesting for this age group. The kids love to travel, sight-see and hike.
3) Lastly, but not important, our middle daughter has become vegan. Any tips for traveling in Europe (if you are vegan)? Please share.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Milan airport--which one
- 10 New fast track
- 11 Packing Champagne
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 15 Once upon a time in Italy
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 london or amsterdam
- 21 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 24 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 25 1 month destination for young family
Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence