I am from Washington, D.C. We are taking our three kids to Europe in mid-June for approx 2 weeks. We would like to see London, Paris, Nice and Florence. We will most likely book Airbnb for apartments. The kids are 21, 18 and 13. They are all French speakers and have traveled to Paris (as host students and for vacation) many times. We have never had a vacation with multiple city stops
so this is new.
For my daughter's HS graduation gift, she would like to spend at least 5 days in Nice. As for the other cities, we would like to spend 2 days to see "favorites." We would like to travel city to city by train, flying into London and out of Paris? We had originally thought we may try to see Rome, but decided to cut it in order to enjoy the other cities more. I am trying to determine the best order and itinerary so I can book our in-bound and out-bound flights and the apartments and possibly the train tickets by March.
1) For the most practical itinerary, is flying into London the best choice? Or would you suggest another order. Order is not important but at least 5 days in Nice is.
2) Can you suggest other stops in Italy that would be interesting for this age group. The kids love to travel, sight-see and hike.
3) Lastly, but not important, our middle daughter has become vegan. Any tips for traveling in Europe (if you are vegan)? Please share.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL @ Password Reset Contact 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 1st time to Europe
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Trains - website?
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 22 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 23 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 Getting around Lisbon
Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence