My wife and I will be in Portugal for 10 days in late May, flying into Lisbon and out of Porto. We won't have a car, and so will be dependent on public transportation.
We travel to eat, so we're interested mostly in food and culture.
Our plan is to spend 3 or 4 days in Lisbon (including a day trip to Sintra), and then another couple days in Porto on the far end of the trip.
I would love some suggestions for what to do in the middle. Given the length of the trip, we have 2-3 days, and I think would like to spend it in 1 or maybe 2 places (to minimize time spent traveling).
Keeping in mind that it needs to be accessible via public transportation, and that we need to get from Lisbon to Porto, I would love any suggestions people have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 3 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 4 Paris Apartment
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 9 Visit to France
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 Which Area in London?
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 First time in Spain
- 16 Best Restaurant Birmingham
- 17 family trip to Germany and more
- 18 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 Packing Champagne
- 21 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 22 Milan airport--which one
- 23 two days in Nice
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!