Italy family trip

Search

Italy family trip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy family trip

We would appreciate any help or info on planning a family trip to Italy. Two families of 5 each, 4 adults and 6 kids ages 10 11 14 15 16 17 (Yes, I know we were busy). Venice, Rome, Florence and Sorrento. Seems a bit hard finding place/hotels that take 5. Trip planned for last week in July, 1st week in August. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM

If you can provide a bit more informaton about where you are flying into and out of and what your accommoation budget is that will help us to help you. Cathie
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Flying in and out of Rome and our nights in each location is flexible. Most likely Rome, Venice, Florence and Sorrento. We'd like to keep accomodations to $12k CDN combined. Getting 10 people around looks to be tough, so staying in town is best. Hotel and appartment/villa rentals with access to public transit would be helpfull
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 06:02 AM

I would choose apartments in 3 locations:

Venice---Corte Grimani

Rome---Palazzo Olivia

Sorrento--look at www.summerinitaly.com

Good luck !
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM

I hope you realize that Sorrento is pretty far south of Rome and the other places are pretty far north, and then you have to return to Rome to go home.

Probably the best thing would be to fly into Venice and out of Naples, but if you are stuck with your tickets, then take the train to Naples when you get off the plane. Then train or maybe fly to Venice and work your way south. As Bob says, stay in apartments. There are zillions of them. You not only get more bedrooms, you also get a living room and kitchenette. Another place to look for apartments is www.sleepinitaly.com. Be aware that some apartments rent only by the week, but I know that on sleepinitaly most of them are available for as little as 3 days.