Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Help with hotels in Rome, Athens, Istanbul, and Rome

Help with hotels in Rome, Athens, Istanbul, and Rome

Jul 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM
annieladd

Help with hotels in Rome, Athens, Istanbul, and Rome

I'm trying to help my older parents find some accomodations in Europe for next Spring, and I would love your help. Some of you have already been helpful in a previous thread on hotels in Rome, but feel free to offer additional ideas.

So, here's the situation. Dad is 85 and loves to travel, though it's become a bit more challenging in the last few years. He can't walk very well, and can't handle too many steps. Stepmom loves the sites and shopping, and likes to be in the midst of the action.

They are flying into Rome next Spring, and will spend a week there, then cruise from Athens to Istanbul. Several days in Istanbul, then on to Budapest.

Can you please help with hotels (200-300E or so) in Rome, Athens, Istanbul, and Budapest. As I said they'll need something without too many stairs, great location, nice dining room would be a plus.

You all are so helpful, thanks for your advice. annieladd

Jul 9th, 2006, 05:27 PM

In Istanbul I think the Four Seasons would suit them perfectly - don't know about rates at that time of year though. The hotel is bang in the middle of the historic area, walking distance from the Topkqapi Palace, Blue Mosuqe, Aga Sophiya, Basilica Cistern, near the Grand and Spice Bazaars. Yet, it is very comfortable, has great ambience and seems removed from the crowds. We loved it.

Search this Thread