Reload this Page >

Help with hotels along A3 between Naples and Cosenza

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 02:21 PM
Janice

We are driving from Tuscany to Sicily in early August and are having trouble finding a hotel to stop half way. We have been trying in Maratea, but this must be a very touristy spot. Everything we have contacted so far has been booked. To make matters worse, it will be a Saturday night. All we are concerned about is clean, air conditioned and safe. Any ideas??

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 01:50 AM
SteveJames

Hello Janice, <BR> <BR>I think you may have to get 'off the beaten track' to find something. (Half the population of Italy are on holiday or on the move in August ...) Good luck! <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Linda

I'd move further inland. It IS off your path, but the closer to the sea the more difficult to find ANYTHING in Italy in August.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Linda

Sorry, hit the "post" button too quickly. Actually, looking at a map, I think I'd try Lagonegro, just inland from Maratea. It's smaller, but may even be closer to your route. Good luck in your search.

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 05:47 AM
SteveJames

Hello again Janice, <BR> <BR>How about Salerno? Or is that not far enough south? It'd probably be my choice if I were doing your journey ... <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Nancy

We drove the same trip a few years ago and stopped at a small town called Pizzo in the south. We stayed at a small hotel there called Marinella <BR>(ph: 0963534860). The food in the hotel rest. was wonderful, on of the best meals in Italy. Hotel nothing fancy, and not much English spoken, but a good place to stop for the night. <BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Janice

Thanks for the help everyone. I researched a lot of places south of Salerno, but did not feel comfortable. So, we decided on a safe bet for one night, a Jolly Hotel in Salerno.