I need help from anyone with experience in applying for a German Visa.
I am going to Germany(Munich) in late October for a scientific conference (I'm a grad student). My department is paying for the expenses.
The conference is for 1 week, and I plan to travel on my own afterwards for about 5-6 days.
- Which type of visa should I apply for? I read from somewhere that you should apply for tourist visa for a scientific conference.
- I have hotel reservations for the conference part, but I am planning to backpack and stay at hostels after the conference. How do I provide the reservations for those days if I don't have definite plans? Do I really need to reserve hotels for the whole trip?
- Is there anything else I should be aware of to not get the application rejected?
Thank you for all the help,
If I get the Visa approved then I can finally plan the actual trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 6 Family vacation
- 7 GTG Paris December 2017
- 8 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 9 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 which language school in Italy?
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Driving
- 14 Dubrovnik
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip