Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 2 BROTHER printer 1:800:681:7208 installations Contact BROTHER Tec*h care!
- 3 Arezzo - how much time?
- 4 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 5 Sleep at Heathrow
- 6 9 day trip to France
- 7 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 8 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 9 Where to See Flamenco
- 10 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 11 Keukenhaf
- 12 Netherlands- Texel
- 13 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 14 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 15 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 16 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 17 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 18 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 19 2 week May trip with kids
- 20 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 21 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 22 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 23 Rail vs. Plane
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 London: Stunning New American Embassy