help with Bayeux hotel

May 15th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

help with Bayeux hotel

Message: Looking to stay 3 nights in or near Bayeux in August to see Dday beaches. Considering the Chateau De Sully.Have 2 adults and 2 kids ages 9 and 12 so will need a triple or quad room or hotel with flexibility. Does anyone have experience with this and how did you book it?
May 15th, 2004, 06:21 PM
BDM

We spent 4 nights in Bayeux two summers ago with our 7 year old daughter. Great town! Quaint, good reasonable restaurants, great access to the DDay beaches!

We stayed at the Hotel Churchhill which we found on the web and were very happy. We only needed a "triple" so you will need to inquire re: a quad. If I remember, we paid about 110E and breakfast was included.

I applaud you for taking your kids to the DDay beaches. It was a pivotal moment in our life and I recommend everyone go (especially if you are British, American or Canadian!)

I've got other suggestions but aren't typing well tonight (too much vintage Rioja with dinner) Look us up if you have questions: [email protected]

Vaya con dios,

Brian
May 15th, 2004, 06:24 PM

We stayed at Chateau De Sully a few years ago and it was wonderful, I would highly recommend it. They have a pool for the kids and it was about 1K outside of the actual town with easy access to all the DDay sights...the best breakfast in all of France.

Search this Thread