Reload this Page >

Help with an 8 day trip to Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 02:59 AM
Beth

Going to Spain for 8 days starting in Barcelona(I am meeting someone there)...any <BR> Best places to go, things we must see? suggestions for places/cities to go which wont require exessive travel? <BR>

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 04:52 AM
elvira

Gaudi buildings and church; Ramblas; Picasso Museum; great shopping; LATE dinner; sparkling wines and olives; bullfights; Olympic Village <BR>Short train rides: Figueres for the Dali Museum; Monserrat

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 06:38 AM
Cass

Palau de la Musica in Barcelona (in addition to Elvira's suggestions). <BR> <BR>Try at least 2 days in Madrid, too. We felt short of time but wanted a taste of southern Spain so did a day trip to Sevilla via the high-speed train. It looks unlikely on the map (so far) and I know you said not much travel, but this is comfortable and not at all hectic. It's only about a 2.5 hr. trip, you can get a lovely meal on the VERY nice train, and if you leave ca. 9 or 10 am (lunch on the train), you'll have a nice day in Sevilla -- where you MUST not miss the cathedral or the gardens of the Alcazar -- and get back easily on a 6 pm train, arriving in Madrid just about when the restaurants open for dinner.

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 08:37 AM
michele

Beth, <BR>I second Cass's suggestion, the Palau de la Musica is fantastic; the interior is quite surreal and if you can get tickets for a concert I am told the hall is equally unusual. <BR> <BR>MOntserrat is a must...very impressive. <BR> <BR>I didn't visit Taragona, but I wish I had. Friends went and brought back postive reports. <BR> <BR>Of course, you could easily spend eight days in Barcelona. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Cassandra

Topped for Jeanette