Planning a 25th anniversary trip to the Amalfi Coast. Have taken tons of notes from forums and trip reports already, but still need some advice. We will be traveling early May from NYC airport via connection into Naples. We have 8 days. Want to stay in Positano and Capri, with day trips to anacapri, Pompeii, Sorrento, Ravello and Amalfi. Looking into La Serinuse in Positano and La Minerva in Capri. Splurges for us, but it is a special occasion.
My questions are:
Logistically, how to split the trip? Possibly 3 nights Capri and 4 nights Positano. Transportation-wise, what to you recommend? Where to go first and when to fit in a day trip to Pompei? Will it be easier to get to Naples airport on day of departure from Capri orPositano?
Definitely not interested in renting a car. Is the bus the best way to visit the amalfi cities or via ferry?
Anyone have first hand experience with these hotels?
Can anyone recommend car service for drive to Positano or day trip to Pompei?
And any favorite restaurants, tips or experiences that you really enjoyed would be most appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for first trip to UK
- 2 European honeymoon help needed
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 8 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna