I will be going on my honeymoon to Nice in September, and between the stress of planning a wedding and my annoying indecisiveness, I find myself caught between two hotels and unable "pull the trigger" and pick one just yet. I was hoping for some help! The two hotels are : Hotel West End and Hotel Massena. For our dates and the rooms we want, they seem to be in the same general price range, so this was not a helpful factor. Otherwise, the locations are slightly different (on the promenade vs. closer to old town and next to place massena) and the reviews on all sites seem to vary (which always seems to be the case).
What we are looking for: we will not have a rental car, so location is a big thing for us. We want to do some day trips (monaco, st paul de vence, eze) and we will be flying out of Nice. We love the idea of being right by the beach, but we also love being near great restaurants and nightlife too.
Has anyone stayed at either hotel and can help with some further insight? I would really appreciate any feedback!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Milan airport--which one
- 10 New fast track
- 11 Packing Champagne
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 15 Once upon a time in Italy
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 london or amsterdam
- 21 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 24 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 25 1 month destination for young family