Dublin to Doolin

Search

Dublin to Doolin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublin to Doolin

I arrive in Dublin on 5/14. I want to go to Doolin on 5/16 but only have a day to spend there. Is it feasible to do it? Should I drive or take the bus? How long is the trip? The map claims 3hr and 15 min without traffic. Is this realistic or is it much longer? Is it a difficult drive? Also, is it an accurate to figure car rental plus $100 in fuel?
Old Apr 25th, 2016, 02:58 PM

http://www.paddywagontours.com/CLIFF...ur-From-DUBLIN

You get an hour in Doolin for lunch and a look around but won't have to drive and only 40 euro.
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 12:46 AM

An hour is long enough for Doolin unless you plan to take a ferry to Inis Oirr and under the Cliffs. Its a fair trek from Dublin unless you have a specific reason? Most folk just head to the Cliffs on one of the multitude of coach trips which have sprung up with the completion of the Motorway link to Galway in recent years. 4 or 5 years ago nobody would have thought to see the cliffs from Dublin and I wouldn't recommend it now. I am only an hour away and its got to be good weather for me to take folk there.

If you have an overnight you could head for Galway and take a tour from there, have the night before in Galway. Or You could head for Ennis and do a bus ride there and back with 2 hours to play with.

If it is a must do with only a day to spare, I wouldn't rent a car to do the trip there and back, there's enough tour options.
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your speedy responses. My plan was, in order to expedite travel, rent a car and drive from Dublin to Doolin early in the morning on 5/16, spend the night in Doolin, visit the Cliffs of Moher, enjoy some good music and ambiance in the evening in Doolin then leave early for Dublin to catch a plane for London. Will this work?
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 09:45 AM

If all you want is Doolin and the Cliffs you might as well go by bus. If you are up to a bit of a walk you can bus to the Cliffs and walk to Doolin (vice versa) Depending on the Airport in London you could fly from Shannon and have the night before the flight in Ennis which gets my vote for a night out over Doolin any time.