Reload this Page >

Help w/ Coltswolds/Stratford-upon-Avon

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2001, 01:42 PM
christy

We will be leaving Bath late July to explore the Cotswolds and would like imput re "must see/don't bother" for this area this year. Also we want to see "Hamlet" in Stratford-Upon-Avon between July 28 and July 30. Should we spend the night of the play in Stratford? Lodging suggestions convenient to Royal Shakespear Theater? We will be using public transportation. Also, any restaurant suggestion where vegetarians can find food to their liking in Cotswold and Stratford areas? Any tips on getting best seats for "Hamlet"? <BR> <BR>Thanks,Christy

Old May 1st, 2001, 02:10 PM
Shakespeare

Best way to get good seats is to buy your tickets as soon as possible. Call the theatre in Stratford and they will mail them to you. You should probably spend the night and day in Stratford. There is a lot to see. There is a very nice, reasonably priced B&B within walking distance of the theatre called the Sequoia House. For more detailed information about Stratford and the theatre check out the web site: www.stratford-upon-avon.co.uk. It's one of the nicest I have seen. As long as you are in the area, you might want to check out Blenheim Palace and Warwick Castle.

Old May 1st, 2001, 02:31 PM
Jody

You should have no problem getting Veg. meals, almost every restaurant offers a veg. menu. You may have trouble though seeing the cotswold relying on publc transport. Base yourself in one of the larger towns, Stow-on-the Wold, Burfrd, or you may miss the really intersting parts.

Old May 5th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Wondering

Anybody have any other suggestions.

Old May 7th, 2001, 04:45 AM
Kavey

We just got back from the Cotswolds yesterday having booked a hotel for a weekend break. <BR> <BR>We bought a guidebook by Ordnance Survey aimed at drivers not walkers. We enjoyed route 12 which took us through stunning scenery and some beautiful villages. <BR> <BR>I liked the Slaughters and Swells for tiny picturesquq villages, and Broadway and Winchcombe for slightly larger villages with lots of shops and tea houses and restaurants. Shops all geared at visitors but heck, i AM a visitor! <BR> <BR>Kavey