Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HELP! Trying to see Rome, Sorento, Positano and Florence in 8 days!

Nov 10th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

We are flying in to Rome November 26th and then heading to Amalfi Coast, (have a hotel in Vico Equense) 3 nights...(don't need to stay all 3 nights) back to Rome and have an air b&b for 3 more nights. Hoping to fit in Florence for a day. Trying to decide if we need a driver for Sorrento and Positano or just take buses? Must see places? Just my husband and I...Any help would be so appreciative.
Nov 10th, 2019, 06:00 PM
kja

You are, IMO, trying to fit 3 weeks of travel into 8 days. My advice would be to cut several of your destinations, but I can't imagine how any of us could help you do that without knowing anything of your interests or why you are trying to cram so much into so little time. I can -- and do -- wish you luck.
Nov 10th, 2019, 06:01 PM

First of all, why are you staying in Vico Equense if Sorrento, Positano, Florence and Rome are the places you want to see? I would plan to stay in either Positano or Sorrento (Sorrento has easier access by train) and visit the other town as a day trip. You mention an 8 day trip but only have 6 nights booked. Are the other two days travel days? There is so much to see in Rome but it is possible to do a day trip from there to Florence.
Nov 10th, 2019, 06:10 PM

Day 1 - arrival day
Day 2 - see city 1
Day 3 - travel to city 2
Day 4 - see city 2
Day 5 - travel to city 3
Day 6 - see city 3
Day 7 - travel to city 4
Day 8 - see city 4
Day 9 - departure day
That's more than 8 days and only 1 day each to see each stop. I think you are doing too much.

But if you want a private driver for the Amalfi coast, I highly recommend this one -
sorrento car service Francesco Marrapese Sorrento private driver
He was recommended to me by LoveItaly and made the logistics of seeing the Amalfi coast easy. We spent a delightful day with him. (He picked us up at Sorrento from the ferry from Capri, drove us around that day and returned us to our hotel in Naples). He can customize a day however you wish to spend it.

​​​​​​
Nov 10th, 2019, 07:38 PM

Where are the other two nights? Do you only have 6 nights 'on the ground' and the other two are your longs haul flights? If so -- pick two EITHER Rome and Sorrento, or Rome and Florence. And even that would be rushed.
Nov 10th, 2019, 08:01 PM

"Trying to see Rome, Sorrento, Positano and Florence in 8 Days!"

Well, glad to know you're not trying to do more than "see" 4 places in 8 days....

Do yourselves a favor and forget Florence.