My wife and I (from Sydney) are taking our three children (aged 14, 13 & 10) to Europe for for first time for 6 weeks between December 2012 and January 2013 - yes I know it will be freezing.
We want to spend about a week in each of London, Paris and Rome, which leaves about 17 days available to visit some other places. We thought we would spend about 9 days travelling through the UK and we thought we could go to the south of France (perhaps Monaco) and then across to Italy (perhaps Florence) for 8 days. We also want somewhere in the UK that will be "special" for Christmas.
Our main objective is for our children to enjoy it.
All advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Once upon a time in Italy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 22 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 23 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 24 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga