We'll be in iceland for about 2.5 weeks in May and am trying to now put together a some sort of trip plan.
So far, thought of taking a golden-triangle(?) tour and spending 3-4 days in Reykjavik.
Another place which seems to be a hit according to the Lonely Planet guide is Akureyri (sp?) on the north.
The blue lagoon didn't seem to get a very good report in the LP guide - any comments?
Am I missing anything? We really want to check out the landscape more than anything else. Glaciers, waterfalls, caves, lakes etc..
How hard would it be to add a visit to Puffin Island?
I know these are disjointed questions .. but we're in our early stages of planning and are trying to work out which parts of iceland to concentrate on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 3 Real Estate in Andalucia
- 4 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 10 Trans Siberian Train
- 11 Greece during Easter week or August
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 14 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 My France Vacation
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 23 GTG Paris December 2017
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath