Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HELP! There are NO hotels left in AMALFi for my Family!!!

Apr 18th, 2001, 04:45 PM
cateyia

Hi there,
I am desperate- I lagged on finding a hotel for our trip to the Amalfi Coast area and now it seems everywhere is sold out. We are a small family with 2 young kids looking for an affordable and clean hotel/inn for the end of July- early August.

Your help is much appreciated as I truly do not want to disspoint my kids.

Thank you,
Cateyia Lorven
Illinois

Apr 18th, 2001, 05:05 PM
Kimerley

Not Amalfi but try www.villatartana.it or [email protected]
it is in Positano and we have booked into it for 3 nights in June.
Very helpful owners...they may be able to suggest somewhere

Apr 18th, 2001, 07:02 PM
xxx

Kim

Will you check that URL? My server says it can't be located.

Cateyia, I've heard good things about Hotel Certosa, between Amalfi and Sorrento. We have a reservation there in October. http://www.hotelcertosa.com/

Apr 19th, 2001, 02:46 AM
Kimerley

sorry, xxx try www.villalatartana.it
or email [email protected]

Apr 19th, 2001, 05:17 AM
Kimberly

I know that there is availability at the Hotel Caesar in Capri b/c they just sent me a quote (too high for me). Have you ever been to Capri or Positano? I really want to go there for my honeymoon (same time as you) but I've heard it's insanely crowded.

Apr 19th, 2001, 06:48 AM
ben

Try going to www.google.com and entering hotels amalfi. Also go to www.praiano.it Praiano is a town between Almalfi and Positano. There are some hotels listed there.

Apr 19th, 2001, 07:00 AM
sally

Friends stayed at a small, inexpensive hotel called Albergo Casa Albertina in Positano; it is not accessible by car, but porter service IS available. The phone is (0)89-87-51-43 and email is :[email protected]'t know if they have any rooms at time you wish to go, but give them a call and see. My friends said it was a great value with a great view!! Regards,Sally

Apr 19th, 2001, 08:05 AM
nancy

Cateyia,
there is an area north of naples, but still beach.
It is the gulf of Gaeta area.
popular with italian and german travelers.
The site to view hotels in all price ranges is;
www.atenatour.it
Maybe you would have some luck there.
good luck , and hope you find something!

Apr 19th, 2001, 09:02 AM
cindy

Cateyia,

Have you considered a villa? It might be a more affordable alternative. Two of us are renting one (in Ravello) for 7 nights, and the price works out to about $220/night. The one we rented sleeps four (two bedrooms, two baths). Try this address: http://www.rentvillas.com

The only catch is that there's usually a minimum stay of 7 nights, and it runs from Saturday-Friday.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip.

cindy

Apr 19th, 2001, 09:43 AM
cheryl

In the summer and most often in August all of Italy goes to the coast in the south of Italy.The traffic is a mess--- the locals are only to drive on odd-even days--tourist can drive everyday.If I was you I would take any room I could get. I love this coast--go twice a year May&Sept. in the summer you must remain calm--don't be in a hurry and just relax.

Apr 19th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Dina

Cateyia:

I'm staying at the Hotel Il Nido in Sorrento. They should have availability, they are located on a hill top with fab views and rooms are clean & modern, owners are very very helpful and friendly and arrange everything for you like transfers from airports/train stations and the town centre for free ! They are also very reasonable in prices. visit their website and read their guest book : www.ilnido.it.

Apr 20th, 2001, 02:12 PM
steff

Sorrento advertises that there are over 30,000 hotel rooms there... I just got reservations yesterday for a beachside room for about $70 a night with bath and breakfast...do your research and read rick steves.. he helps a lot....keep in mind that Italians close a lot of their businesses in Aug due to their vacation month so it's not usually the month to "experience" italy..have fun