As part of our honeymoon in Europe, my husband and I would like to do a road trip from Munich to Bruges. We are planning on spending about a week in Germany, starting in Munich on September 30, 2014 (we have to fly into Munich as part of our prebooked itinerary). We were thinking of spending about 2-3 days in Munich checking out Oktoberfest and the city itself. We would like to see Dachau as well (we are interested in WWII history). From there we were thinking of renting a car and driving for the next few days to reach Belgium around the end of the week. Then we will spend about a week in Belgium (we are interested in Bruges and visiting some Flemish towns). Neither of us have been to Germany or Belgium before. Any advice on how to plan our road trip and which towns to stop in? I was wondering about the romantic road and the Rhine valley, but any suggestions are welcome! We are both in our early thirties.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris November 2017
- 2 2 week May trip with kids
- 3 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 4 Which Aran Island??
- 5 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 8 9 day trip to France
- 9 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 10 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 11 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 Arezzo - how much time?
- 14 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 15 Easter Week in Italy
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Airport Transfer
- 18 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 19 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 20 Moscow Hotels
- 21 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 22 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 23 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Barcelona tour option help please