Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help please! Where to meet at CDG Terminal 2A?

Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi, I will be visiting a friend in Paris. We'll meet up at CDG. I'm taking an AA flight arriving at Terminal 2A. Where is a good place to meet? I've never been to CDG so I'm not sure which areas are restricted/non-restricted for non-passengers. I did look at the terminal map at the adp.fr website but need to make sure my projected meeting place is doable.

For example, how about this: the ADP info desk between Gates (?) 5 and 6 at Terminal/Hall (same thing?) "A". Is that doable/convenient? Or maybe a cafe? Any other suggestions? Maybe with a seating area?

Thanks!
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:44 AM

I can't help you on that as I don't have an CDG map handy but just wanted to tell you that terminals and halls are not the same thing, so you'd better be very clear on that.

Terminals have numbers (like 2) and halls are the letters and are parts of a terminal.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

TO add to my original question, are public phones and ATM machines readily accessible at Terminal 2A? This seems like a stupid question, but when I was at the Frankfurt airport, I barely saw any public phones or maybe I was incredibly tired. What about phone cards for purchase to use in the public phones?

Just want to be prepared in case there are complications with trying to find each other in such a large airport.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Christina. I just realized that when I reviewed the map again. The terminal is 2 and the Hall is A...I assume the other numbers within the hall are gate numbers??? Please do educate me.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:50 AM

The last number (5 or 6 in your original example) is the "exit door" number. That's the door between the terminal building and the roadway. Yes, if you say meet "between Door 5 & 6 of Terminal 2A", it's easy to find. Most facilities are on the same level, and the walkway is pretty narrow. You won't have problem meeting.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 12:05 PM

I met a friend in 2A in June. The ADP Information Booth is pretty easy to spot (big blue sign on the wall).

I didn't notice ATMs in particular or where you could buy a phone card but I did see a public phone, right across from the cafe that is closest to the Information Booth.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 12:43 PM

I have been met by a friend just outside the door after you leave the customs inspection. You will usually find a large crowd standing just outside these doors waiting for people. You will see many carring signs with names on them for their friends to see. As long as your friend will be there when your plane arrives I think this is the simple solution. I have done this twice and it has worked fine for me.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 02:01 PM

You were also wondering about ATMs. The ADP website has a map of terminal 2A that shows an ATM opposite exit 5. I used an ATM the last time I was there. I can't be certain it was opposite exit 5, but I do remember that it was down the hall to the right after leaving customs.

Anselm