Help planning, 4 days in Monticatini?

Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Help planning, 4 days in Monticatini?

We will be leaving on Oct 23 for a 20 day trip. WE fly from Orlando to Florence to Monticatini and we are there for 4 days on our own. What are the must see's or do's without really having gruelling days?

Then we go to Civitavecchia for a day and a half to catch cruise ship. Then we stop at Pisa/Florence,Malaga/Spain&Maderia/Funchal.

What can we expect for weather??How should we dress?? What are the must see's in each of the stops we will be at? While in Monticatini should we do our own trips or they just sent us cruise ship trips $159+pp

Any information you can give us would be greatly appreciated.
Sep 22nd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Just topping this.

Thanks
Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Any replies????????
Sep 25th, 2007, 10:46 AM

Sounds like you're on the same trip we are. There are 4 of us leaving from Tampa. We booked through Legendary Journeys out of Sarasota and they sent us a list of quite a few very reasonable side trips from Monticatini. You might want to check with them. They were a lot cheaper than the ones we got from Carnival. 800-511-5411 is the only number I have, but they do have a web site. We have a day in Florence on the 25th; day at the spa and Monticatini on 26th for 2 of us and 2 are going to Venice; Cinque Terra (where I have been and just absolutely wouldn't miss is again for anything)on the 27th; transfer to ship on 28th; booked our own private guide for Rome on the 29th; Pisa and Lucca on 30th; Best of Spain and Costa del Sol on 1st; Best of Madeira on 3rd. Don't know if that's too ambitious for you, but it gives you an idea. These tours run from $59 to $99 - much more reasonable than the others. About the weather, I was in Rome in late November a couple of years ago and it was actually hot. Further north it's definitely cooler. Guess we're taking a bit of everything.
Good luck and hope to meet you over there!
Gail Lawson - Ft. Myers
Sep 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Weather is unpredictable everywhere so layer and have a raincoat and umbrella. I was in Monticatini two years ago in October and it was cool to cold and sometimes rainy.

There's not a lot to do there other than a spa day but you can easily take a train to Florence, Venice, Lucca and Pisa. I'm sure you could do any of the above for less than the ship's excursions.