Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help Picking London Hotel - BA "Free" Choices

Jan 8th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Sandy

Will be going next month, with my cousin who uses a cane (as do I on occasion). We'll be flying British Air, and 2 of the 4 nights in London are free IF we stay in one of the following (have already eliminated some of their choices, but here's what's left): Plaza on Hyde Park (? renovations right now?, Posthouse Kensington, Gresham Hyde Park (was Ryan)and Thistle Kensington Gardens. We plan to go to the theatre (already booked!) and I plan to go to the antique markets. We'll then be off to Paris.
Would be a plus if bus was convenient! All help appreciated from you knowledgeable travelers! Thanks!

Jan 9th, 2002, 03:22 AM
Anonyimouse

I've stayed at the Posthouse Kensington. It's a hotel geared to the businessman, but it is nice and has a great buffet. It's about 2 blocks from the tube station. Lots of stairs in that tube station. The hotel has relatively long hallways, but there are elevators in a few locations. There are steps to get into the hotel, and there are some steps within the lobby to get to the different levels in the lobby (eg. the dining room), but not many. The hotel might be slightly out of the way, although it is only a few stops by tube to Piccadilly. The hotel, however, is within close walking distance of Kensington Palace. If you do opt for this hotel, ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms, as those are larger.

Jan 9th, 2002, 03:23 AM
Anonyimouse

Forgot to mention that this hotel is well located by tube to get to Portobello Road. Only a tube stop or two away.

Jan 9th, 2002, 07:25 AM

I am interested in this too, as I may be taking advantage of the BA sale. However, I thought you only got a $100 credit for the Thistle Kensington Gardens? What are the other hotels offered?

Jan 9th, 2002, 07:27 AM
amanda

My sister and I stayed at Plaza on Hyde Park last March on a Virgin Atlantic package. They were in the process of renovating some rooms, but we weren't aware of any construction going on. Our room (double) was nice and clean, cont. bkfst was good, and location was great, IMHO. 1.5 blocks from tube stop, quiet area across from the park, close to Notting Hill. We loved it.

Have fun!