HELP! Paris apartment for 13 Christmas 2012

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the table is a trip for to Paris next Christmas for our extended family….12 adults (1 couple in their 60s, 9 in the next generation) and a 9 year old child. At the moment I am struggling to find accommodations and am asking for help. I can’t find a single apartment that is big enough and trying to figure out what buildings may have multiple units available is beyond my ability. I don’t care if it is one or more apartments, although if it is multiples, they would need to be in the same or adjacent buildings. Since almost everyone is an adult and since we are really looking at 7 nights, I am pretty sure we would need 5 or 6 bedrooms since no one wants to sleep on a couch for 7 nights. I am willing to consider anywhere in Paris so long as we are reasonably close to the Metro. Money is not the primary issue at the moment although we are not rich and a 8,000 Euro apartment solves none of my problems. And I will be deeply grateful for any ideas you can offer…or for the suggestion it is impossible. Kathy
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 04:18 AM

Look at www.parisvacationapartments.com They have several apartments in a building facing Palais Royal. We stayed in the one on their first floor. It was a great location for metro and bus access which might be nice in cold weather. They are an excellent agency to deal with and the photos are accurate. They do charge a premium for Christmas week, however.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:07 AM

I just reread your post and it looks like the Palais Royal apartments might be too costly. I looks like the 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom Sacre Cour apartments might be in the same building. It may be worth e-mailing the agency as they may have others in the same buildings as well.

You may want to contact Paris Perfect with the same request. Sometimes they offer sales making their apartments affordable.

Good luck!
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:27 AM

I was also going to suggest Paris Perfect. On my recent (Dec. 2011) trip to Paris I stayed in a Paris Perfect apartment and meet up with a Fodorite who was staying in another PP Apartment in a nearby buidling. That building had 3 PP Apartments (2 next to each other on same floor, and 1 on the floor below). It believe 2 of the 3 apartments were 2 bedroom, there may be more PP apartments in that building. I'd contact them as soon as possible, the PP Apartments tend to book up quickly.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:43 AM
cw

Do take a look anyway at parisvacationapartments.com. We stayed in the 3-bedroom a few years ago.

I also remember that www.vacationinparis.coim has some apartments in the same building. You should call them and ask.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 07:59 AM

Paris Bestlodge has vacation apartments in the 4th, 5th & 6th arr. There are multiple rentals in the same building in which we will be staying in the fall - the Abelard apartment on rue Galande. The company has been very good to deal with.

www.parisbestlodge.com
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM

First thing - it IS possible.

As suggested, I thing to do is to TELEPHONE a few agencies ( www.parisbestlodge.com www.vacationinparis.com parisvacationapartments.com and http://www.parisperfect.com are all good starting points). Explain your needs and begin a dialog(s).

The agents will know if there is something they have that works and may also direct you to a competitor who may be able to accommodate you if they cannot.

This is exactly the sort of situation that will take someone working with yo - but NOT by internet or email.

It's going to take a lot of legwork/time/long distance calls, but I assure you it's out there.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 09:35 AM

Actually, Paris Vacation Apartments prefers e-mail (according to their website) and are quite prompt in answering e-mails.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I have been in touch with almost all of your suggestions. I have heard back Paris BestLodge, Paris address apartments and I love Paris with some suggestions which we are refining. I honestly wasn't sure this would be possible and now it seems it may be, pricey but possible.

I am deeply grateful and will willing accept any other suggestions anyone wants to offer!

Kathy