Help -parents need Italian tour feedback

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 08:39 PM
gb

Help -parents need Italian tour feedback

My parents are in their 70s. They like to hike,camp etc. They are very budget oriented and have traveled alot on their own. They are going to Ireland on their own in October.But they want to do Italy on a tour so as not to be alone in the big cities.They are tired of lugging the bags. Can you recommend two or three of the best value tours that would suit them.They don't want to do Steves and are leaning towards Grand circle. Seems like a lot of road time and its 6 days Amalfi-6 days Tuscany? Advice please

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 04:42 AM
nancy

topping you to get you up to the top again.
goodluck.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 05:45 AM
eu

Stop in the Cinque terre and from there visit the magnificent coast rich of footpaths and beautiful villages.One hour to reach Pisa by train or rent a car to move to Florence-Siena-Chianti or Portofino-Sanremo.Hurry up if you want to book an appartment because September is the most beautiful month.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 06:27 AM
Marie

gb - I would highly encourage your parents to try Grand Circle. Because GC clientele are seniors, they gear the pace of travel to seniors. Plenty of time to relax, and plenty of time for sight-seeing. Price=wise, GC usually is a better buy than some of the competitors. I took a Grand Circle cruise-tour to Alaska last summer, and was very impressed with them. I think your parents will be too. The only negative comment I have about GC is their propensity for deluging your home with catalogs. Otherwise, an excellent company and I would travel with them again.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 07:07 AM
grasshopper

My parents took that same Grand Circle tour and loved it. (they are in 60s and 70s and very active) The hotels were top notch and they saw plenty. But they had plenty of free time too (for exploring on their own). They especially liked staying in two places and exploring from there so they weren't packing up every morning.