Notices

Help...Only One Day In Amsterdam

Oct 2nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

Help...Only One Day In Amsterdam

I know, wish I had a week, but that's my reality. arrive early evening from Rome and have the next day and evening in Amsterdam. Staying @ Hotel Brouwer. I have been once before and have been to Ann Frank House, Van Gogh, and had a wonderful canal cruise. I walked and explored area around Hotel Brouwer. So...This time I would love to go to the Rijksmuseum and the Dutch Resistance Museum. I wonder if I can walk to both with lunch between. Also would love to have recommendations for a late dinner close to the hotel when I arrive and then a great cozy bistro type meal on my last night, also fairly close to hotel. Hope to return one day and do AMS and the Netherlands justice. .But until then I hope you kind Fodorites can help me out.
Oct 3rd, 2015, 03:27 AM
kja

Sounds to me like you already know how to plan your day. As I understand it, the Rijksmuseum opens at 9 a.m., while the Museum of the Dutch Resistance doesn't open until 10 or 11, depending on the day. Neither seems to close for lunch. So if you're willing to start your day before 10 or 11, start with the Rijksmuseum; otherwise start with the one that is your highest priority. Both have, or are near, lunch options. So go with what works!

Can't help with dinner -- it's been WAY too long since I was there to offer help on that front.

Enjoy!

Search this Thread