we are planning a family vacation for the 4 of us (2 adults + 2 children) in May. Our tentative plans are as follows:
1. Delhi to Prague by Austrian Air / Aeroflot
2. Prague Apartment - 4 nights
3. Prague to Salzburg - By bus or private car hire (allowing time for Cesky Krumlov on the way)
4. Salzburg apartment - 4 nights
5. Salzburg to Vienna - by train
6. Vienna apartment - 5 nights
Return from Vienna
I had the following questions -
a. What is a preferable option - Del to Prague (by air) Or Delhi to Vienna (since its a direct flight on Austrian) and then take a bus from Vienna to Prague the same day afternoon (flight reaches around 7 AM).
b. If we take the bus, do we need to book in advance or can we just reach the bus station directly? How much time do I need post my arrival at Vienna airport to reach the bus station?
c. Have never flown Aeroflot before but they seem to be much cheaper than any other airline - Any opinions on them? Also with connecting flights my biggest worry is always losing some luggage in the transit. I have read some not so good experiences about Sheremetyevo.
d. Salzburg to Vienna train - do I need to prebook or can I just reach the station and buy tickets? Also do I need advance reservation on the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 3 Wierd Europe map
- 4 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 9 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 12 Transportation in Brittany
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 18 Milan airport--which one
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 family trip to Germany and more