Hello World Travelers,
I am looking to you all and your collective worldly brilliance for some guidance. At the end of July I am travelling for work to Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany. In an attempt to extend this work stay into a vacation I am looking for input on recommendations of places to go, routes to take, things to avoid, etc.
No flights, ground transport, or hotels have been booked yet so I have a blank page to work with. The only thing I know is that I need to be in Bietigheim on 7/28 staying until 8/1. The earliest I can leave from the US to Europe would be the night on 7/25 and then I can extend as long as desired after 8/1, but I would most likely be staying around a week afterward since I eventually need to get back to work. Costs are not a huge concern but also not aiming for anything overly outrageous.
I have looked at many options such as flying into Amsterdam before Beitigheim and then going southward toward Rome for the following week, but I am at a loss for what would be the best use of the time. I want to enjoy my time and not feel like I am always travelling but ultimately want to see/do as much in the time available as possible. I am open to trying new things and would love to hear what you all like best from museums to mountains and biking to beers.
Now I am looking to pick from your wisdom and experiences to help guide me in the right direction.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 4 Trans Siberian Train
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 The World's Greatest Churches
- 10 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 My France Vacation
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
Hello World Travelers,