I am hoping for some much needed help regarding mine and my boyfriends trip, we are both in our late twenties and this will be our first trip to Italy.I have flights booked flying in and out of Rome, arriving on this Saturday at 11am and departing the following Sunday at 12 noon.
Yes....I know I have left it very late to sort this out, I've had the flights booked since last August but am very indecisive! I keep booking hotels on booking.com then cancelling them.
My plan up to now was to go straight to Sorrento and spend 5 nights there, see Capri, Mount Vesuvious, Naples etc then head over to Rome for the last 3 nights. I'm now having doubts about this as I've had a few people saying to me that Sorrento doesn't have that much going on and not really that much to do and see. I'm now considering Venice/Florence then Rome. I don't know!!!!
We want to enjoy great food and have lots to do in terms of sightseeing but are not too fussed about museums. We are not bothered at all for a beach aspect of the holiday as my boyfriend gets bored easily with this. It's also my boyfriends 30th birthday while we are there so I would like to do something special on that day. We are looking for a 3/4 star hotel, as long as it has breakfast, wifi and is clean that will suit us.
We are happy to get trains and use public transport and our budget is £2500 maximum.
I would appreciate any help you could give me as I am starting to get a little stressed!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL password 1800:681:7208 CONTACT AOL mTech 24/7 sbaba!
- 2 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 3 UK's Cornrwall Polzeath spring base
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Where to get Quality Medical Mari-Jane
- 9 1st time to Europe
- 10 My trip to Prague
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Which Aran Island??
- 13 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 14 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 15 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 16 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 17 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 18 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 19 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 20 New Years in France
- 21 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 22 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 23 Rome Hotel
- 24 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 25 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
Help needed! Travelling on Saturday flying in and out of Rome 8 nights