Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help Needed! Last Minute Hotel in Paris!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

This is my first post.

I'm travelling to Europe next week, and I'm spending a week visiting a few cities, including Paris from the 21st of September to the 23rd of September. This is my first trip to Paris, and I've been trying to find a decent hotel within distance of the major sites, but they all appear to be booked.

Does anyone know any websites that specialize in last minute hotel rooms, or that have short stay apartments in central locations. I'm willing to spend approximately $200 - 400 per night. I travelling with a sibling, so at the very least would probably need a double.

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 03:57 AM

A quick look on Venere.com for your dates (I only looked in the 6e arrondissement) yielded 5 spots - all within your budget:

Prices are per night.

1. Villa Luxembourg € 274

2. L'Hotel € 345

3. De Buci € 250

4. Littre € 290

5. Royal Saint Germain € 175

You could find somthing less expensive if you expand the search to include 4e and 5e.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:34 AM

Two other options, both 4 star hotels in the elegant 16th arrondissement, close to the Eiffel Tower (Trocadero side, arguably THE best view of the ET in Paris), the Guimet museusm, Arc de Triomphe, lots of restaurants, cafes, shopping, good metro/bus access, but less touris central than the 4th, 5th or 6th.

They are:
Sofitel Dokhan's on the rue Lauriston, elegant little hotel with very chic champagne bar. Best rate is 260 euro per night double
http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml

And Sofitel's Baltimore, sophisticated hotel on Ave. Kleber. Best rate is 270 euro per night double. FYI, the hotel was designed by Monsieur Eiffel, the very same designer of the Eiffel Tower.
http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml

Both hotels have good Trip Advisor reviews (www.tripadvisor.com). Both have rooms available on your dates at the rates I noted above.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:42 AM

This is a website that I have used to find decent hotels at rates less than listed in previous posts. Of course, you can select hotels with higher rates on this site as well. Your choice.
Most places are rated by patrones, and/or you can check Trip Advisor for those posters opinions.

The URL is: www.ratestogo.com
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:52 AM

Thanks for that web site, holakjs, I will keep it in mind. But to clarify, neither of the hotels I listed were available on that site. Moreover, I have yet to find another web site (other than Priceline) that consistently offers lower rates on Accor properties like Sofitel throughout Europe and the U.S. than Accor's own Internet specials. I've done comparisons numerous times and Accor has always beaten the so-called discount spots. Plus, by signing up for the free Sofitel Privilege card you get pluses like 4 pm checkout, free welcome drinks, etc., that aren't available with the discount sites.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestions. I was able to find a hotel using Venere in the 7e arrondissement for 200 Euros a nights. The Best Western Derby Alma. Thank you all for the help.