We are wishing to travel by train from Paris to Toulouse on Wed 8th May 2013, which is a bank holiday in France. We have been experiencing difficulties with booking train tickets on this particular day...after playing around with the dates, we found out that tickets are available prior to the date we intend to travel, and also available after 11th May. But tickets are unavailable for sale between 8th May and 11th May. We have tried other websites such as tgv-europe.com with the same results.
Is there a reason as to why train tickets are unavailable for the dates above? I would presume that trains DO indeed run on public holidays. Or is the train company withholding the sale of tickets until a later date?
Unfortunately, we are not flexible with our dates as we have accommodation and car rental booked already.
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland ideas
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 London vacation rental agency
- 6 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 7 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 South of France
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 12 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Malaga Christmas lights
- 24 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 25 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
help needed for booking tickets on voyages-sncf.com on a bank holiday