We are going to Italy for 10 days in the middle of September. We are flying in and out of Rome, and upon arrival will fly right away to Genoa (arriving around 3 p.m.)
We will be traveling by train.
We wanted to see:
Portofino / Camogli / Santa Margherita
Cinque Terre (hikes)
Should we be based in Santa Margherita and take side trips to Genoa and CT?
Or stay first night in Genoa, then 2 nights in Santa Margherita or Camogli, 4 nights in CT area,
and then 2 nights in Lucca?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 2 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 3 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 4 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 5 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 6 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 7 Easter Week in Italy
- 8 Moscow Hotels
- 9 Rome Hotel
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Getting around Lisbon
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 16 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 19 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 22 Spain in 2018
- 23 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Christmas week in Ireland