Reload this Page >

HELP me with Hotels in Prague & Berlin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Peggy

My husband and I will be traveling to Prague and Berlin in May. I have been researching hotels but would appreciate any suggestions and comments, and best areas to stay. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Linda

Check nethotels.com for good information.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 07:24 PM
Patrick

Approximate cost per night you want to spend. Type of places you like and the ammenities you desire?

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Peggy

Patrick, <BR> <BR>We plan to spend anywhere from $125 to $200/night. We prefer to stay near the center of things. I would like a good bathroom with a shower/tub as some of the showers are so small, you can hardly get in them. I find the smaller hotels are better, with a friendlier staff. All-in-all - a clean hotel, with good sized rooms and a good bathroom is what we are looking for. We've been pretty lucky so far in our travels to Paris, London, Rome, Venice, Vienna and Florence with my favorite in Rome (for the nicest room and Vienna (for the best breakfast. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 04:44 PM
ger

I've been to Prague twice in the past 18 months and have stayed at the following hotels (at that time they were within your price range but I was there off-season (Nov. & Jan) which can make a big difference; they may be very expensive in May). <BR> <BR>The Savoy - behind the castle. A really beautiful hotel, recently renovated and extremely comfortable & lux, great decor, large room, massive marble bathroom. Great area to explore the Castle and Little Quarter. Not in the centre of things exactly, but I love walking. <BR> <BR>The Pariz - in Old Town. Excellent location, Art Noveau style. Not as lux as the Savoy but comfortable and well designed and within walking distance of everywhere. <BR> <BR>Friends stayed at the Fenix, off Wensesles Square - functional and reasonalbe business hotel - and were satisfied (I am not as keen on the area). <BR> <BR>Hotels in Prague <BR> <BR>Wherever you stay, be very careful about the taxis - can be a big scam. Make sure you take the "approved" taxis from the airport and confirm the price before you get in. Either take public transport or have the hotel book taxis for you when you go out and the restaurant book one for you on the way back. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip - Prague is beautiful.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 04:59 PM
steve

We stayed in a very well-located hotel in Prague-U Zlateho Stromu. It is the old town just a few steps from the Charles Bridge. Our rate included a full breakfast, our room was a decent size and the bath was new. The only negative is that there is a disco on the lower level of the hotel so be sure and ask for a room away from the noise. We were there last March and our rate was under 100USD. <BR>We found Prague to be quite inexpensive and a wonderful place to visit.