Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help me remember the name of a locanda in Venice!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Debby

Hey guys we have a friend planning a trip to Venice in the fall. A hotel was suggested to me. it did not have air conditioning, so we decided against it. It was a reasonable place on I believe the Grand Canal. Any suggestions? I've looked through my files and can't put my finger on it. I figure someone here can help me out.

Thanks

Debby

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:56 AM
sam

Locanda Sturion? We stayed there during winter months so I do not know if it has AC or not.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Wayne

I hate to be negative, but there must be dozens of places along the Grand Canal that could fit that general description. And since you aren't sure it was on the Grand Canal, that figure could increase to more than dozens. Did it have "locanda" in its title? Is that a known fact? If so, the list might again be narrowed to perhaps a dozen or so. Try one of the Venice-specific web sites to look for it. You might start at veniceworld.com.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 09:20 AM
helper bee

+
Hotel Locanda Leon Bianco ?
The hotel is placed near the "Ca' da Mosto" important mansion of the XIIIth century which faces the Canal Grande, between Ca' d'Oro and Rialto Bridge.
You can find feedback about this hotel on forum. I've know I've seen mention about it here.

OR perhaps it was Hotel Locanda Ovidius ?
Elegantly furnished rooms, in Venetian eighteenth-century style, and a breakfast room overlooks the Canal Grande and the Rialto Bridge. As the VeniceWord website said it was redone, then it likely has A/C.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Debby

Thanks,

it was the Locanda Leon Bianco

Yes I know there may have been dozens of possible responses, but it only took two fodorites for me to get the info I wanted. thanks

Debby