Help me please with Greek Island ferry planning

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have flights from Athens to Kos and wish to travel from Kos to Leros on Tuesday 27th May 2014
I have search many ferry sites ( Gtp ,openseas, directferries etc ) for planning and all are telling me services are either a Thursday or Sunday.
Would anyone know of any other services not mentioned yet as it is too early ?

Thank you
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM

It is too early to find a full schedule for next May. Check back in February and also try the Blue Star Ferries website.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your quick response. Blue Star are showing some timetables already for 2014 and they are the ones that travel Thursday and Sunday stopping at Leros.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:29 PM

Many of the local ferry services are very late to publish their timetables. There is a small local catamaran called DODEKANISOS PRIDE that operates daily during the summer months, and it did sail on Tuesday May 28th. It is reasonable to assume it will also sail on the corresponding Tuesday in 2014, but you will have to wait until timetables are published to be sure. You can see what ran this year by going to www.openseas.gr and backtracking to May.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Heimdall ,I keep forgeting about the backtracking method available on openseas.I have the other 6 ferry trips pencilled in but this one I was a little worried about.I shall watch the Dodekanisos website for their upcoming timetables.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 08:07 AM

I suppose you want to visit Kos, otherwise you would have booked a Olympic flight to Leros.

The ferry Nissos Kalymnos runs 4times weekly all the year round from Kalymnos (Pothia) to Leros (Lakki) - Lipsi - Patmos - Arki - Agathonissi - Samos (Pythagorio).

The catamaran Dodekanisos Pride runs actually 3times weekly (in summer daily) from Rhodos to Kos - Kalymnos - Leros - Lipsi - Patmos.

The hydrofoil Erato runs during the season only: Kos - Kalymnos - Leros - Samos (Pythagorio).

Bluestarferries run once or twice weekly between Kos and Leros, often in the middle of the night.

During the season, there are some excursion boats from Northern Kalymnos to Leros.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

My initial plan was to start in Kos then ferry to Patmos but as we haven't been to Leros we decided to alter the plans.
Thanks for all the information,it looks like I'll have some choices.