Please help me design a perfect European vacation. I am totally open to any suggestions!
The good news is I was able to book for 4 free openjaw tickets using my accumulated skymiles for 3 weeks in Europe arriving in Paris and leaving from Rome. The bad news is I will be travelling in August with lots of Europeans due to work contraints.
Please help me design a memorable and relaxing trip. Here is my information:
First trip to Europe, have travelled extensively in western hemisphere, esp US
We are 2 adults in their late 40's travelling with 2 mid-teen teenagers
Travelling for 3 weeks in August, Openjaw into Paris, Out of Rome
Not particularly fond of urban vacations at least in the US cities so far
Like lakes, mountains(Alps?), ocean sunsets with a glass of wine
Got to have air conditioning for August night sleeping
Would like to keep hotel budget to less than $250 US per night
Would like to keep the vacation non-hectic and not change locations too frequently
Enjoy mix of touristy sights by day, but like to stay at scenic areas
Don't particularly like large crowds of people (who does?)
I am not sure if driving or complex train stations are less hectic
Thanks for any and all help!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 6 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 beware of robbed in Milan
- 15 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 16 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 17 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
Help me plan a perfect, non-hectic France, Italy 3 week trip