Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Help me plan a Mens Stag in Warsaw on a Weds night!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/help-me-plan-a-mens-stag-in-warsaw-on-a-weds-night-980891/)

atfox1 Jun 8th, 2013 08:17 AM

Help me plan a Mens Stag in Warsaw on a Weds night!!!

I am looking for any ideas involving a men's Bachelor Party in Warsaw.

Details are End of August, On a Weds Night, Group of 6-10 Canadian Adventurers in there 30's. Hotel is booked (polonia palace)

Interests are Alcohol, Indoor Gun ranges, cars, sports, possibly a strip club.... the usual:)

Does anyone know if there are Party Buses or Limos? Would you recommend a translator?

Any Ideas appreciated.

thanks

Fox

socaltraveler Jun 8th, 2013 08:21 AM

We saw similar groups in Prague a few summers back, so my immediate reaction is ugh. I am not sure you are in the right place here, but good luck.

adrienne Jun 8th, 2013 08:39 AM

Alcohol, guns, and cars; hmmmm.

Pegontheroad Jun 8th, 2013 09:15 AM

Be sure to let us know about the dates when you expect to have this men's stag--so that we can be somewhere else at that time.

I didn't have a favorable impression of the blokes at the bars in Krakow when I was there--to say the least.

atfox1 Jun 8th, 2013 10:39 AM

Oh my gosh:) I wasn't expecting those responses.

I understand that not everyone 'parties' so to speak but please no negativity. Pegontheroad, I'll be sure to send you the itinerary so that you won't have to be subjected to us. If you didn't want to help why did you reply?

I know that Warsaw isn't known as a party town. Thats why I asked this question on here.

Alcohol, guns, and cars; hmmmm

Yes, those things sound fun (not in that order)

FIRST OFF....Please don't assume that there will be alcohol consumption around guns. In Canada, you can't bring alcohol or show up under the influence to any indoor gun range. We might be 'Redneck' but we were not stupid.

Cars....Again please don't assume there will be any drinking and driving. ( I was inquiring about a limo)

Alcohol....yes, they would like to visit an establishment that serves booze, maybe see some dancing girls the typical things done at a bachelor party. (although I am a girl and have never been on one) No one is disrespectful or looking to cause any problems. We are just trying to plan a party.

I hope this clears up any questions for anyone who responds. I really am looking for some help. Flights arrive @ 4:30 PM in Warsaw and party has to be that night so I need to be very organized.

Thanks

adrienne Jun 8th, 2013 11:46 AM

I really think you're in the wrong forum for these activities. You might have better luck on Lonely Planet but I think most people there are backpackers and probably wouldn't have the funds for limos and such. I don't know where else to direct you but I bet there are sites for partying.

I am wondering why you choose Warsaw before investigating if venues for your interests exist. I don't consider Warsaw a hot spot although I'm sure there are dancing girls everywhere.

There's a huge new stadium in central Warsaw which you can check out for sports events. I don't see how you will be able to do everything in one night.

There are plenty of bars/restaurants in Warsaw but wine and liquor will be very expensive. Beer is cheap.

Taxis double in price after 9:00PM. Getting a limo would be the way to go as you'll have a fixed price and won't need to hail a cab in the middle of the night. I don't think you'll need a translator as even taxi driver speak some English. A limo company would not send a driver who could not speak English knowing that you're Canadian.

Check some guide books for some of the activities and try google.

Cowboy1968 Jun 8th, 2013 12:11 PM

Allright.. try Nowy Swiat (street) as the hotspot for bars, pubs, restaurants.
The vodka bars are pretty good -- and by far not only a touristy thing.
After a few shots, you will be more fluent in Polish than English anyway.

I seriously don't want to sound like my grandmother, and, yes, I am usually intoxicated as much as possible at any given event myself, but those Stag /Hen parties are one import from the Anglo-American hemisphere which does look a bit silly if you are a local. So be prepared that many locals will be as friendly as always but think you are a bunch of (insert any phrase violating Fodor's netiquette).

As said, I understand the alcohol. I might also understand the strip club - though this is more a place for lonesome somewhat aged business men or other sad individuals which may have strict laws at home.
If you think it's fun, you will probably find one (though Poland is not exactly the most carefree country), but I would not know any men in their 30s who would admit that they were going to a strip club. Not because they were ashamed or had too high morals but more because it would have shown how boring their life must be otherwise that they find such a lame entertainment exciting or adventurous.

Finally, what do you plan to do with "cars" during these few hours on that Wednesday? Have sex in them? Or just drive around? What exactly is the cars' purpose in this cocktail of activities?

Indoor shooting range.. sorry, haven't seen any of those in Warsaw. At least you don't see them as heavily advertised as in Vegas.

Well,.. you will surely have limo services available, but when you cruise through Warsaw in your stretch Hummer, it will be only you who will find that exciting. But if it rocks your boat, why not.

atfox1 Jun 8th, 2013 12:49 PM

Cowboy:) Thanks....

Adrienne, Why Warsaw?? My husband is the best man at a wedding in Warsaw. We are only in the city for four nights and we have friends flying in from Egypt, Amsterdam, Germany and Italy on the same day (all CDN).

Unfortunately, weds night is the only night the bride (conservative polish lady) is allowing the groom out.

We are from Whistler BC...Canada's playground and trust me when i say that I know that warsaw is not a hot spot for this but Its the only chance we have.

Cars....There will be no sex in them?!?!?!? WTH? I meant like race tracks, go karts, rent a porche ect .....something moral.

What ever pre-conceived notions are in your head on a stag party (insert hangover movie flashbacks here) please erase them.

We are all professional and respectable people. Here in BC, we rent yachts and go fishing, or involve outdoor sporting events(insert beer here). This won't be a crazy wild sex fueled party with a bunch of womanizing yahoo's.

I guess Fodors was the wrong site for this.

lincasanova Jun 8th, 2013 12:56 PM

this webpage seems to have everything you were looking for.. party bus. paintball .. etc. have fun!

http://www.crazystag.com/warsaw/activities/paintball

lincasanova Jun 8th, 2013 12:58 PM

and go karts and paint ball

http://www.local-life.com/warsaw/ent..._%26_paintball

thursdaysd Jun 8th, 2013 01:00 PM

It is my impression (not that I have made a study of the matter) that stag/hen parties in European capitals is more of UK than a US thing, and this site tends to have more US than UK posters. Also, the demographic here tends more to parents of the groom than siblings of the groom, so it really isn't the best place to ask.

If you do a 'net search on "stag party warsaw uk" you will pull up a lot of sites. I haven't checked any of them, I'll leave that to you, lol.

adrienne Jun 8th, 2013 01:11 PM

When you post on a web site you know what's going on inside your head but all anyone else knows is what they read and the original post did read like "crazy wild sex fueled party with a bunch of womanizing yahoo's." As far as "cars," that could mean anything, especially following alcohol and guns as an interest. It did not seem that you were looking for anything respectable.

Cowboy1968 Jun 8th, 2013 01:20 PM

atfox.. that is really all too respectable to be considered a "typical stag party" .. lol
If you need to reserve a table at a restaurant, you should not say that it's for a "stag party".. even though YOU plan on something just fun and entertaining, everybody else between Riga and Budapest will imagine a dozen crazy hammered dudes with limited control over all body functions...

atfox1 Jun 8th, 2013 03:06 PM

I re-read my original post and no where did i describe anything that could be misconstrued as a "crazy wild sex fueled party with a bunch of womanizing yahoo's."

I mentioned interests (sorry about the order of them...get passed it).

I asked for Ideas.

***************IDEAS*****************

Not judgment. I don't know what the typical stag party looks like to Europeans but That's not how they work in Canada. This isn't some recreation of a stupid movie no one wants to make a fool of themselves or embarrass the locals.

lincasanova...........I have already asked for a quote from this company. They look fun! THX:)

Please keep any Ideas coming (they are appriciated), but keep your judgments to yourself.

tower Jun 9th, 2013 11:44 AM

Adrienne: <i>(As far as "cars," that could mean anything)</i>

Damn..that's one thing I've missed in my rather long life...sex in a go-kart!

welltraveledbrit Apr 14th, 2015 03:09 AM

irene, Unfortunately your reply is two years too late and for a different city that the OP asked about, however resurrecting this thread did give me a giggle when I saw Thursdaysd's line

"the demographic here tends more to parents of the groom than siblings of the groom, so it really isn't the best place to ask."

thursdaysd Apr 14th, 2015 04:55 AM

wtb - I think irene was advertising and will disappear. But glad you enjoyed the line!