Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help me find a small group river trip to intersperse with trip to Germany and Prague

Help me find a small group river trip to intersperse with trip to Germany and Prague

Jun 25th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Please help me find a small group river trip to intersperse in the general area of Germany and Prague. Aiming at late August/early
September.
Jun 25th, 2018, 05:04 PM

Not sure what you mean by small group -river cruises are smaller than ocean cruises due to the ship size - about 130-170 on most river cruise ships.
Most are at least 7 days. Due the ship size and popularity, they do book up way in advance and you are looking at a popular timeframe.
i would recommend looking at Danube cruises - many end in Prague ( actually Nuremberg with a bus to Prague). At this late date there will not be much availability but you may be able to find something since you have a few weeks of flexibility. I always use a travel agent for cruises but do a lot of research on my own as well. I am about to go on my 2nd AMA waterways cruise so I obviously liked them the first time! Uniworld and Avalon are other good options. Of course Viking is a big name in river cruising - I have not been impressed with their handling of difficult times ( high/low water issues etc.) so I have steered clear of them. Many have had a good experience with them though.
Check cruisecritic boards and reviews for more river cruise info - listed on their boards under specialty cruising.
Jun 26th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, Ellenbw. I have decided to go with a travel agent for the cruise. I've always planned our trips, but the cruise is new territory for me.