help me find a place to sleep!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my sister and i will be traveling to london in january and i tried to compare different hotels and b&b's but always got bad responses that hotels were better.i checked fodor's lists and still am undecided with the b&b's to check in with. i am looking for a place in around regents park but anywhere willbe great.
thanks for the messages.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
What is your budget?
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 02:51 AM

Have you taken a look at tripadvisor.com? They have ratings/reviews of b&bs. Just a thought.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 03:17 AM

london is expensive!! B abd Bs almos always are quoted per person. I discovered priceline but you MUST read bidding for travel first. If you bid wisely I think it is a much better option.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

our budget is like 300 dollars a night.
and right now b& b's look better then hotels.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 08:42 PM

&quot;<i>right now b&amp; b's look better then hotels.</i>&quot; Why do you say that. What about B&amp;Bs sound better to you? Have you stayed in a Londonn B&amp;B before?

Relatively speaking - there are not that many B&amp;Bs in London. There ARE many places that call themselves Bed and Breakfasts, but in London, most of those are actually tourist class small hotels w/o much in the way of public space, and w/ a b'fast room in the basement.

There ARE some actual B&amp;Bs, but not as common as you'd find out in the countryside.

So - do you really want a <u>B&amp;B</u> or are you mainly just looking for a nice place for the money?
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 02:34 AM

If you bid well, you will get a 5 star hotel in Mayfair for less than your budget. The comment re small hotels that do a B and B is correct..There are truly some very nice but pricey real B and Bs. My question to you is - Do you want a B and B experience or is the price point why you are considering a B and B?
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Original Poster

i meant in a sense of a b&amp;b is looking better because it would be more comfortable place to say then in a hotel. with a more homely like atmoshpere not as impersonnel as a hotel would. i apolohisze if i wasnt as clear as i could have been. my bad.soory jansj.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 04:15 AM

You might want to repost and put London in the title - you may get more helpful responses that way. Put in your budget and what you are looking for in your post. There are lots of london fodorites here and it will catch their eye.

You may also want to try Venere.com. They have a list of B&amp;Bs as well as hotels.

Good luck.

Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM

I would go with a B&amp;B. Anyway you cut it, it is doubtful that you will get away with less than 200 dollars per night. Check with website londonbanb or best B&amp;B for England, Scotland and Wales. Just type it in google. I will be staying at a B&amp;B in London this week and found a good deal with the london b&amp;b site. In January, prices are bound to be less expensive and try priceline.com or if you are brave hotels.com. Good luck.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 09:42 PM

As someone else said, most London B&amp;Bs are just low-grade hotels, so be careful.

Old Sep 26th, 2007, 07:32 AM

&quot;<i> a b&amp;b is looking better because it would be more comfortable place to say then in a hotel. with a more homely like atmoshpere not as impersonnel as a hotel would</i>&quot;

Your assumption is prety accurate for smaller towns or out in the countryside. But real B&amp;Bs are fairly scarce on the ground in London. There are some of course - but they tend to be as pricey as hotels and tend to be outside of the center of town. The majority of places in London that describe themselves as &quot;bed and breakfast&quot; are 1 and 2 star basic hotels. Not what you probably are picturing as a &quot;homey B&amp;B&quot;
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM

We stayed at the Cranley Hotel in Kensington, it has a B &amp; B feel. It's really a townhouse. We won it though a Luxurylink.com auction several years back with breakfast delivered to your room.

I think it may fit into your budget:
http://cranley.steinhotels.com/