Reload this Page >

Help me choose from these B&B locations in Provence

Old May 27th, 2006, 12:39 PM
JES
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have only 1 or 2 nights and would like a real flavor of Provence. I want to have a feel of the countryside and be close to the sightseeing areas.
I have been considering doing a table d'Hotes (dinner offered at a B&B by the hosts) although not all offer it so I'm looking at the following which may or may not offer it--but I'm not familiar with the locations.
Thanks for any help you can give me!

Bonnieux (Mas des deux Puits or Le Clos d'Estellan)--neither serve dinner

Le Thor (Domaine de la Cavalière)--offers dinner

Cucuron--LE PAVILLON DE GALON

Robion--Mas des Bastides--serves dinner

Gordes--LE MAS REGALADE--no dinner

Roussillon--can't find name but serves dinner

St. St. Saturnin-Lès-Apt--Le Mas Perreal--no dinner

Also, any insight on Table d'hotes would be appreciated. Since we will be having breakfast wherever we stay we are wondering if we will want to have dinner at the hotel also instead of exploring a local restaurant. But the dinner does sound like a great experience.
Any recommendations of great B&B's with table d'hotes will also be very much appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:45 PM
JES
Original Poster

This one also looks amazing but it's more than I wanted to spend. Has anyone been here that can tell me it's worth the extra $$? It does offer dinner. (It's located in Cabrières d'Avignon): http://www.avignon-et-provence.com/b.../gb/index.html
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:49 PM
JES
Original Poster

The name of the one in Roussillon is Mas du Micocoulier
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:36 PM

Not on your list, but the one I highly recommend is Les Trois Figuiers which is about 10-15 minutes from Isle sur la sorgue. Their web address is www.lestroisfiguiers.fr We have stayed here 3 times, and past guests return repeatedly. The location is very central, the rooms very comfortable and breakfast and dinner are just wonderful. They also have 2 pools if you want to relax! Dinner begins around 7:30 with appetizers and wine and around 8:30 dinner is served. We usually sit outside around a large beautifully set table, with all the guests joining in. Dinner is 4 courses, and tea or coffee follows. I can't recommend it enough.

Enjoy your trip!
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We e eat Table D'Hotes and Fernme-auberges alot.
You can google both and come up with a long list.
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
JES
Original Poster

Images, thank you so much for this recommendation. I will look into availability. It sounds wonderful. Do you happen to know how far it is from Cannes?
Thanks Cigal--that's where I found most of these. Having never been there, I just wasn't sure which area to choose.
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
The Trois Figuiers is a good choice but please be aware, that most B&Bs, table d'hotes, ferme-auberges do not take credit cards so please bring enough euros and if you are driving on autoroutes, you need them for tolls
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:18 AM
JES
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 04:29 PM

ttt
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM
JES
Original Poster

Jeffrey,

I saw that you topped this....I ended up staying at Clos d'Estellan in Bonniuex. We loved the location. If we had to do it all over, Bonnieux would be our first choice. We felt it was less touristy than some of the other towns, with some great restaurants and cute, real shops (as opposed to only tourist shops).
The B&B itself was exactly what we wanted, very casual, away from everything, with nicely appointed rooms, cherry trees & lavendar on the property. However, we did not care for the "innkeepers". There was no soap in the rooms, a very meager breakfast, and we did not feel welcome--as if we were imposing on their home. They never gave us the lay of the land when we got there and when we asked questions--such as, is there a place to get water?, are there towels for the pool?...we seemed to be bothering them.
Other guests felt the same way. A shame because the place was really charming and has such potential if they change their attitudes. For this reason, I would not recommend it and would not stay there again.
We didn't have time to research other options in the immediate area, but again, we would scout that out to stay in/near Bonnieux again. I'm wondering if Mas des deux Puits would be good, which is one I was considering on my original list.
Next time, I would also look for a Tables d'Hotes. Unfortunately not many people responded to that question but we met some people along the way who swore by it. Said they had a fabulous homemade dinner with wine and many courses for a great price. We were sorry to miss it and will definitely do that next time.
Good luck!
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM

We just returned from our trip to Provence and Paris, having spent three nights at le Mas du Micocoulier near Roussillon. We were in love with the place! The room was plenty spacious (coming from Parisian hotels), clean, full of interesting details, well appointed. I could go on...

Breakfast was served on the terrace near the vineyard and it was so fresh and plentiful. The hostess was lovely and we are already planning our return.
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
We have stayed at "Auberge de Cassagne" in LePontet, just outside of Avignon. Also "Chateau Pioline" just outside of Aix and have enjoyed them both. The better restaurant was at the Cassagne.