Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help! Late September in Croatia, Greece, or Corsica?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend and I have 10 - 14 days in late September, early October. We are interested in a vacation that combines some beach or swimming time with activities like hiking, sailing, and meandering through cafes. Of Croatia, Greece, and Corsica, which would you recommend at this time of year?
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM

We were in Croatia at that time last year and it was wonderful. We were in Dubrovnik, Korcula and Hvar. It was in the 60s and 70s with mostly sunny weather but a couple of rainy days. It wasn't really hot, but there were still swimming days. I'm afraid I can't compare it with Greece or Corsica, but I would love to hear other comments, particularly about Corsica which is on our list. One more comment - there were a number of tourists but it wasn't unpleasantly crowded and all the facilities were in operation.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 03:46 PM
ExpertTripPlanner

Perfect time for Croatia. I was there several years ago in Dubrovnik, Mljet, Korcula. Loved hiking on Korcula! Corsica is great, as well, but more expensive. Have only spent time in Greece and islands without hiking.

Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:48 AM
Syl

I was in Croatia in Sept. & towards the end of the month it got a little chilly for the beach.Also, realize that Croatia doesn't have sandy beaches, but small pebbled stones instead.You need water shoes to get around.I would suggest the island of Crete in Greece, which we toured several yrs ago in Sept. as well.The southern beaches are great & the temp is in the 80s or 90s at that time.If you're looking for hikes, nothing beats the Samaria Gorge walk. Food in Croatia is not as good as Greece.