HELP - LAST DAY CAPRI OR AMALFI??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've been in Sorrento since the 10th and were able to do Pompei, Ercoleun and finally Positano, Sorrento, but last Friday where we made a huge mistake of staying on wet clothes until after dinner in our way back swimming in Positano. Needless to say next day we started feeling bad, by Saturday we were very sick. For the last 3 days we've been living in the room, the hotel Manager has treated us great!. Today little better we went down to town and got antibiotics, due to symptoms this is infectious as the little one is the only one standing and suffering cabin fever.

We have to be in Rome Wednesday so we are leaving Sorrento that day. We want to do what we had planned and missed tomorrow, Amalfi and Capri, so we need to choose between the two. Please help us choosing.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:35 AM

Pookymimi,

Take it easy. You are not missing as much as you think you are. Everybody's health comes first.

A boat trip on a jam-packed crowded boat when your resistance is down, or a long, winding bus trip that induces nausea in many people is not the way to go.

But your little one lots of fun toys. I'm sure they are all over the place right where you are staying In Sorrento.

Eat the good food. Rest up. Get well. You've still got miles ahead of you. Get your strength back!
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM

Sorry for my typo! I meant to write:

BUY your youngest one fun toys.

Meaning, take the money you would either be spending on ferry fares and indulge him or her that way.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 10:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
I'd go to Capri since I think Amalfi is just a larger version of Positano.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM

I agree with zeppole. Capri will be crowded with day trippers, and there will be a lot of walking which none of you may feel like doing after being so sick for a few days. There are lots of places to explore in Sorrento for the day, and such fabulous food in the old town. Take your time, rest up, and come back to Capri on another trip( preferably overnight there) when you're all well and can take in what Capri has to offer.
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Well I'm back and sorry to say that we just managed to stay in Sorrento before leaving the next day. This terrible flu lingered for 10 days more, we were in Interlaken and I was still coughing. Back in Denver and I'm okay, but it payed off bringing cough medicine from here, otherwise I don't know how I would've made it.

We are committed on coming back hopefully next year just to Italy if we can get the miles. Capri is top on our list, I will just rent something there for 3 days and stay in Sorrento again.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Hi pookymimi,
I had no idea that you would be gone so long. So sorry for your troubles. It's never fun to be sick and it's worse to be sick when you should be having fun.

It was nice seeing you in San Sebastian. Your kids are great. We finished out our time in Spain in Logrono and then Madrid, returned to Ft. Lauderdale for a while and then moved on to Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen but I haven't had time to do any trip reports. We leave again tomorrow for time with our grandkids in Minneapolis, then on to Normandy and Brittany.

Sounds like you've had quite a trip. Sorry that some of it got ruined by the flu.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM

<<Back in Denver and I'm okay, but it payed off bringing cough medicine from here, otherwise I don't know how I would've made it.>>

I've had the flu while traveling and it is no fun. I have gotten flu/cough medicine a few times while in Italy and I must say, it was the best flu/cough medicine I have ever experienced. My cough and flu symptoms were gone within minutes or the next day and did not return. So, if you find yourself in Italy with a cough/flu, don't hesitate to visit the local pharmacy for the miracle cure.